Welcome to Fall! Halloween is soon upon us and if you are like me you are always looking for some fun Halloween themed activities to keep your child active and to get them into the Halloween spirit. That’s why I compiled this list to make it a little easier for you.
- RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns at Old Westbury Garden
71 Old Westbury Road, Old Westbury, NY 11590
Now – November 3rd
Take a walk in the night through the trail of RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns featuring carvings from dozens of local artists and sculptors. Admission cost varies between $10 – $26. See website for more specific days and times.
- Bayville Scream Park
8 Bayville Avenue, Bayville, NY 11709
Now – November 3rd
Bayville Scream Park features 5 thrilling haunted attractions which include Bloodworth Haunted Mansion, Uncle Needle’s Fun House of Fear, Temple of Terror, Zombie Pirates and Evil in the Woods! The park will remain open until November 3rd. See website for specific dates, times and price.
- Spooky Fest at Center for Science Teaching and Learning
1 Tanglewood Road, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
Friday, October 18th – Sunday, October 27th – 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
$15Spooky Fest at CSTL inlcudes a scary walk in the woods, live animals, a haunted maze of madness, merry monsters and so much more! Admission for adults is $15 and kids are $10. See event listing for specific dates.
- AAAspooktacular: Saturday October 19th: Tanger Outlets, Riverhead NY: Free family event for families! Don’t forget your costumes.To RSVP visit http://www.ny.aaa.com/Landing-Pages/Spooktacular-2013.aspx
- Halloween Family Day
246 Old Walt Whitman Road, Huntington Station NY 11746
Saturday, October 26th – 1 pm to 3 pm
Bring the kids out for a day filled with free candy, face painting and raffles. Bring your Halloween spirit because a prize will be given for best costume.
- Long Island Children’s Museum Ghostly Gala: Saturday October 26th: 6-9 p.m., kids can show off their Halloween costumes, go trick-or-treating in the galleries, and more. New this year, the Puppet Company will offer a ghostly variety show at 6:15, 7, 7:45 and 8:15. Tickets are required for all the events. You can buy tickets by calling (516) 224-5802 or by going to the Long Island Museum’s website.
- Annual Halloween Festival, open to the general public, at Suffolk County Community College’s Ammerman Campus in Selden: Saturday October 26th: From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bring the kids to this free event that includes Halloween games, treats, reptile world, and trick-or-treating. If you can, plesae bring a donation of a non-perishable food item for their food pantry. Call (631) 451-4376 for more information
I hope you find some fun things to do with your kids! If you find something I am missing please share and I will add it to the list!