If you know me, you know that I love me a good chain restaurant. I am always happy getting a good meal, at a good price, and with a little one, having a place that is acceptable to bring children is perfect. That is why when I was asked to come to Applebee’s to try their new menu items, I couldn’t wait to bring my little family. I pretty much stick to the “same old thing” and tend to order the same thing each time I go to Applebee’s so it was super fun getting to try new things!
Applebee’s New Menu Items
Let’s show you what the new menu has to offer!
- Grilled Chicken Wonton Tacos appetizer-
- Grilled Vidalia Onion®Sirloin- A tender 7 oz. sirloin is grilled to order and topped with a grilled and caramelized slice of sweet Vidalia® onion, with garlicky spinach and smashed and crisped red-skinned potatoes in a warm, sweet and spicy Hawaiian BBQ sauce.
- Shrimp Scampi Linguine-Steaming linguine noodles are tossed in a citrus scampi sauce, then layered with grill-seared juicy shrimp and zucchini and finished with a scoop of pomodoro sauce, Applebee’s Parmesan cheese blend and torn basil.
- Strawberry and Avocado Salad- Strawberry slices, fresh arugula and romaine are tossed in a fresh chili lime vinaigrette and topped with fire-grilled chicken breast. Hand-cut avocado chunks add a creamy complement to the zesty dressing.
- Weight Watchers®-endorsed Chicken Freshcado- Fire-grilled whole chicken breast loaded with avocado, pineapple, peppers, onions, zucchini and cucumbers and served with white rice.
- Margarita Queso Chicken & Shrimp
The Captain and I started off with the Wonton Chicken Tacos and were impressed with the flavor. It had a good kick at the end and as you can see in the picture above it was a perfect size appetizer for two. We also cheated and added the Soft Pretzels as an appetizer even though it wasn’t on the new menu. If you get a chance…get that. YUMMY! For our main course I went with the Strawberry and Avocado Salad. Super refreshing and a perfect summer meal. I swapped out the dressing they serve with it for the strawberry vinaigrette and was pleased. Captain Awesome of course went for the steak! Our little man stuck to the kids menu. For dessert I chose not to try their new butter Pecan Blondie even though it sounded yummy. My pregnant cravings wanted their Brownie with ice cream! Such a large portion!
Do you want to try Applebee’s new menu items? Well here is your chance to win a DINNER FOR TWO at Applebee’s! One lucky winner will win a dinner for two gift certificate, which includes one appetizer, two entrees, one dessert and two non-alcoholic beverages ($60 value). A bit of fine print on this one though…this is only valid for Applebee’s locations on Long Island and New Jersey (I’ll list the locations below).
In New Jersey, Applebee’s is located in Brick, Bridgewater, Butler, Clifton, East Hanover, Edison, Flemington, Garfield, Hackensack, Hackettstown, Hillsborough, Howell, Jersey City, Jersey Gardens, Kearny, Lacey, Manahawkin, Manalapan, Manchester, Middletown, Milltown, Mt. Olive, Newark, Newton, North Bergen, Northvale, Ocean, Paramus, Parsippany, Phillipsburg, Piscataway, Rockaway, Tinton Falls, Toms River, Totowa, Union, Wall and Woodbridge.
On Long Island, Applebee’s is located in Nassau County: Baldwin, Bellmore, Bethpage, Elmont, New Hyde Park, Rosedale, Valley Stream and Westbury and in Suffolk County: Bohemia, Brentwood, Commack, East Farmingdale, East Islip, Farmingville, Huntington, Lake Grove, Lindenhurst, Miller Place, North Babylon, Patchogue, Riverhead and Shirley.
My family and I were provided with dinner to try the new menu in return for this review. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own.