Is aimlessly surfing the web starting to get a bit too unproductive for you? Thanks to the internet, you can actually do something about it. Now, there are more and more ways to make money online. From writing and proofreading to selling used things and doing small chores, making a buck or two online is just a couple of clicks away.
Here are three ways you can convert your downtime into cash!
Perform Simple Online Tasks
There are certain websites that will pay you for all kinds of tasks. Some will pay you to shop for them, others will pay you to take surveys or test products. They don’t pay much, but they do pay. What is important is that you can spot the real ones from the scams. We’ve listed a few of the legit ones below.
- Inbox Dollars – In this site, they pay you to take surveys. They also have a search engine that pays you. It isn’t a lot, but you will earn a few bucks. Instead of surfing the web or watching TV you can earn extra cash when you don’t have anything to do but kill time.
- Project Payday – This site pays you to try free trials of certain products. They assume they you will either like the product and buy it, or forget to cancel the trial and get charged for it. Just keep track of your subscriptions and cancel before the free trial ends to not get charged. That way, you’re making a tidy profit.
- Fiverr – Here, almost everything costs $5. You can either pay someone $5 for their services or charge them for yours. Figure out what to offer; it can be anything from graphic design to writing to voice acting.
Sell Your Stuff
Do you have a lot of clutter lying around your home? Instead of throwing them out, why not sell them online? That way, you can make extra cash and clean your house. Thanks to the internet, there are several different ways to say goodbye to unwanted items, and make a profit while doing so.
- eBay – Being a multinational e-commerce platform, online viewers are bound to see the items that you are selling. It is important to determine the value of the items you are about to sell. You can do this by checking the prices of those who are auctioning the same or similar thing.
- Craigslist – This is a classified advertisements website with sections devoted to jobs, housing, personals, for sale, items wanted, and services. Here, you can sell almost anything and everything. It is also location-based, making it easier for you to reach your buyer.
- Your own online shop – Setting up your own site gives you complete control on the way you manage your online business. Keep in mind though that this also requires you to learn a few things about directing traffic to your site and promoting it.
Try Out Freelance Writing
If you have a knack for writing, freelance writing is something that you should definitely consider. Many successful freelancers earn an average of 50 cents to a dollar per word. Although it doesn’t start out like that, there are several different sites that can help you build your portfolio and make you earn a few bucks along the way.
- Listverse – Articles in this site are always in list from and must at least be 1,500 words and include at least 10 things. Other than those rules, you are free to be as creative as you can be. They pay $100 for each accepted post.
- A List Apart – In this site, they pay a whopping $200 dollars for each accepted post. The thing is that they publish fewer articles, giving you a smaller chance of getting accepted. They also have a 1,500 minimum word rule and it must be in list form.
- Funds for Writers – Here, they are looking for articles about writing and making money with it. Since they only accept articles between 500 – 600 words, they want you to make sure that every word counts. Each accepted post is $50.
These are just some of the many different options to start earning online. If anything above caught your interest, don’t waste your time and try it out!