My kid isn’t even in school, but all I am seeing and hearing out there in the social networking world is how expensive it all is. Back to school shopping, and buying supplies are not something I am looking forward to. That is why I want to keep you all up to date with any information that I come across that may save you some money with all the other things you have to pay for. Sam’s Club is known for saving you money on many things, but your health isn’t one of them. But now, this year, Sam’s Club is offering FREE Health Care Screenings. It is definitely something you should take advantage of.
Free Health Screenings
Where: All Sam’s Club Locations with a pharmacy
When: Saturday, August 11 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Parents are encouraged to attend these screenings with their children to receive the following health and safety tools, which will be distributed at Sam’s Clubs nationwide free of charge and while supplies last:
- DNA and finger print kits
- Take-home DNA swabs· DNA and fingerprint kits include instructions on collecting and storing a saliva sample
- Sesame Street’s take-home multimedia dental care kits teach children about oral health and will be available in both English and Spanish
- Body mass index (BMI) and blood pressure tests for children and adults*
- Vision screenings to determine potential eye care needs
The next free health screening, to be held on September 8, will focus on diabetes management. In the meantime, Sam’s Club licensed professional pharmacists are available every day to support their communities with preventative health and wellness solutions, one-on-one smoking cessation counseling and low prices on the medications patients need. Contact your local Club, or visit SamsClub.com/healthyliving for participation information.
It never hurts to get your child checked out, and why not? It’s FREE!
*BMI and blood pressure tests will be limited to the first 50 participants at each Club location.